The theatre will be following the latest government COVID-19 Secure safety guidelines for audiences.
If you or someone in your party is feeling unwell or have any symptoms, please do NOT come to the theatre. You can call the Box Office on 02380 711811 prior to your performance to discuss your tickets.
The shows with socially distanced seating will be presented in exactly the same way as normal – with a full cast, set and costumes. The quality of the performance will not be compromised in any way.
Before your visit
- Tickets will only be available in fixed groups of 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 tickets.
- We will send you an email before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance.
When you arrive at the venue
- There will be staggered arrival times into the building to reduce queues. We would ask that you adhere to these staggered arrival times so we can keep maximum distance between audience members as they arrive.
- Hand sanitising, temperature checks and security controls will be in place. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 38 degrees or above you will not be admitted.
- The NHS QR code is available for you to scan in using the NHS Tracking app.
- All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device. The front box office will not be open.
- Customers aged 11 and over must wear face coverings throughout the venue and when seated in the auditorium except when eating and drinking.
- Refreshments (sweets, soft drinks and ice creams) will be available in the foyer upon arrival and payment will be through contactless payments only. The bars are not open for alcohol purchases.
- We have reduced the capacity of performances, and tickets will only be available in fixed groups of 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 tickets. Each fixed group will be distanced from the other groups in the auditorium by more than 1 metre and face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Once you and your party enter the theatre you will be directed to your allocated seat. You must stay in your allocated seat. We ask you to keep movement around the theatre to a minimum.
- Toilets are open for use throughout the performance. Please observe social distancing and designated routes around the building and take direction from our staff. Please wash your hands before and after using the toilet facilities.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for your use at various points around the theatre building.
- We will be doing security checks when you arrive at the venue/performance and would ask that you do not bring large bags with you.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the venue before, during and after the performance.
- We will not be having opera glasses available for the time being however you are welcome to bring your own.
How will we exit the building/event at the end of the performance?
- An usher will indicate when you are able to leave and where to exit the building which may not be the same way you entered. We ask audience to maintain social distancing when leaving the performance, and please take any rubbish with you, or leave it in the bins provided.
How is air circulated around the theatre?
- Our air handling units are fed by filtered fresh air. Used air is extracted to the outside and is not recirculated. Filters are changed as part of regular, routine maintenance and we have full control over the air system throughout the theatre via our building management system.
What if I have specific access needs?
- For all access enquires please call our access line on 02380 711813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I get a refund if I have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate?
- No one with symptoms or who has been asked to self-isolate should attend the venue. With that in mind, we have updated our terms and conditions so that you now have up to 24 hrs before a performance to return or exchange your tickets for these reasons.
If the show is cancelled will I get a full refund?
- If we are required by any COVID-19 government guidance or restrictions to cancel a performance, tickets may be exchanged or refunded.
Can I make a group or school booking?
- In line with current government guidance the maximum number of tickets in one group will be 6.
We would ask that audience members abide by all instructions given by our staff as well as signage and notifications to ensure the safety of everyone in the building. We will be asking audiences to maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles whilst at the venue.